Old 25-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Dwight Sipler

Default poor quality tools

paghat wrote:

In article , Dwight Sipler
wrote:

... The bright colors serve a function...

I'm sure that's the second reasoning behind the horrid colors...

We seem to have somewhat different tolerance for loud colors. I must
admit that I don't really mind the colored tool handles and I rather
prefer primary colors to pastels. Probably because I'm male.

... I have a "tool tree" in the
garden from which I can hang a shovel & rake, it's surprisingly
attractive. And one of our porch-arbors (made of alder trunks & branches)
is habitually ornamented with a couple of hanging trowels. If a tool is
attractive it can look charming when left in the garden, whether by
accident or on purpose...

Sounds interesting (and useful). Is there a picture on your website? Is
it something you bought or built?

...even mounted some
antique iron stove parts on the outer garage wall amidst vines for no
other reason than oddly shaped rusty stuff is pretty...

I have lots of rusty stuff and it looks good to me. Not all mounted
neatly on a wall, however.