Old 26-06-2013, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default No luck with apricot trees

"Derek Turner" wrote
David Rance wrote:

If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

My guess (and it is only a guess) would be peach-leaf curl.

But would that kill a tree straight away? Usually it takes some years to get
the better of the tree.

How about Honey Fungus? Any signs like orange pimples on the bark?

Our apricot tree lasted years and then it had two fruit on it, one each, the
next year we went on holiday and it got stuck by lightening. Cheaper to buy
the apricots. That said they grow them along the street in Aynho near
Banbury or they had to when the Squire owned all the houses. (He loved
apricots).
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.