Old 26-06-2013, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default No luck with apricot trees

In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"Derek Turner" wrote

David Rance wrote:

If anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

My guess (and it is only a guess) would be peach-leaf curl.

How about Honey Fungus? Any signs like orange pimples on the bark?

No, the bark looks quite normal.

I've just had another look at the tree and notice that just one small
side shoot growing from above the graft is still alive. I don't hold out
much hope for it, though.

Our apricot tree lasted years and then it had two fruit on it, one
each, the next year we went on holiday and it got stuck by lightening.
Cheaper to buy the apricots.

I think you're right! A great pity as I love apricots.

Anyway, thanks to all who have responded, but I'm not sure I'm any
nearer discovering what the problem is.

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France