Old 25-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default minnows

Priscilla McCullough wrote:
I was just thinking about the veggie filter.
For those of you who have them, do you have any minnows in there to help
with the mosquitoe lava? And if you do, how do you keep them from being
spilled into the pond. I know of several people whos pond got over taken
with the minnows.
Also, how long do minnows live?
I some how got one in my midget pond 3 yrs ago and he's still in there.
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

I always have a few in the veggie filter. When I do the
clean out in the Fall I move them to the pond. I have no
idea how old they are. In the lower pond they are kept
under control by the orfes. In the koi pond they are
present but not out of control. I've never had a problem
with mosquitoes.

--
Bonnie
NJ