Old 28-06-2013, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default best wormery

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 00:24:36 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote:

I have a wroggly wrigglers wormery, you know, 3 or 4 circular trays
stacked on top of each other but quite awkward to get to the bottom one
if decanting.

Like to buy another now our local council is moving over to tinsy little
food bins which will not hold much by way of cooked stuff or leftwovers etc.

Anyone got any views about other types of bins or of the argument that
Tiger worms are best?
kay what does Edward think?

janet

I have used dendra worms (which I think is another name for Tiger Worms) -
which I originally bought from a fishing tackle shop.

I think they are fantastic - breed like anything and eat at a great rate.

I have used a basic wormery (The Original) - and have been very happy with it -
although obviously you have to sort the different layers by hand. I just keep
adding stuff to the wormery and then sort out the worms from their "produce"
and the as yet uneaten "worm food" - once a year. Not a big job.

I have been truly gobsmacked at how the worms have reproduced and the number
that I now have.

The real Judith in England - not the silly imposter.