Old 29-06-2013, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default best wormery

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 23:13:04 +0100, Judith in England
wrote:

snip

I have used dendra worms (which I think is another name for Tiger Worms) -
which I originally bought from a fishing tackle shop.

I think they are fantastic - breed like anything and eat at a great rate.

I have used a basic wormery (The Original) - and have been very happy with it -
although obviously you have to sort the different layers by hand. I just keep
adding stuff to the wormery and then sort out the worms from their "produce"
and the as yet uneaten "worm food" - once a year. Not a big job.

I have been truly gobsmacked at how the worms have reproduced and the number
that I now have.

The real Judith in England - not the silly imposter.

I would add that I have used a piece of old sheet as the first layer between
the worm juice sump and the rest of the wormery - it stops the worms from
dropping through and drowning