Old 28-02-2003, 02:03 PM
clc

Default Seedling transplanting question

Jammer,

I've had to transplant my tomatoes (starting them inside) twice already.
(And probably will have to do it one more time before they're able to be put
in the ground.) Each time I bury them down to the first set of leaves and
they seem to love it! I'm growing under fluorescents with a fan circulating
air.

Cheryl
"jammer" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:59:04 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

Don't plant most seedlings below their initial level into the soil. It

isn't
necessary. Even planting tomatoes deeply isn't necessary, but if they are
too leggy, they do develop roots along the stem. Personally, I don't like
leggy tomatoes.

John

My tomato seeds sprouted and i am afraid they are gettng too tall too
soon. I will plant them down to the leaves, but it will be interesting
to see if i can keep them alive that long. My cantalope is up too.
Come on spring! (I'm not going to start that again. Last time i did,
we had the worse ice storm in YEARS)
jammer