Old 30-06-2013, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Tomatos

Bob Hobden wrote:
Yep. that happened when I did it, too. Didn't find it was as 'magic'
as it seemed to think it woudl be.

I bought some "Tumbling Toms" for a hanging basket just to see how they
grow. Not a sign of any tumbling they just look like normal determinate toms
to me, growing skyward.

I've had the same with the tumblers (Makota? Can't remember how it's
spelt!) when they've been in pots, but once I put them in baskets and
put them at a bit of an angle to make them go outwards, they are still
going upwards, but more bushy. I think once they get fruit they will
head downward!