Old 30-06-2013, 06:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Progress

In article ,
songbird wrote:

The Cook wrote:

Today I got almost 300 Roma bean seeds in the ground. They are in one
of the 6 boxes DH has replaced this year. All of the boxes are
finished but 2 still need to be filled.

And I picked and ate 2 Yellow Jelly Bean tomatoes. They tasted so
good. Don't see any more in the immediate horizon. I keep looking.

sounds like me when i'm out looking for peas/peapods
when they first start coming in.

Almost all of my tomato plants have some tomatoes on them. Some the
size of my little finger nail and some Viva Italias almost up to size
to start turning color.

i hope the sunshine keeps coming through for
you.

Tomorrow I will grind and strain rhubarb for jelly juice. I will
probably put the juice in the freezer for now. And it looks like I
need to pick more rhubarb. Maybe some of the neighbors would like
some. Got to ask. Made a rhubarb cobbler yesterday and we have had
several rhubarb custard cakes this summer.

when you posted before that you had 20something rhubarb
plants that gave me pause. that's a lot of rhubarb. but
now i get a glimmer of why you might want so much for if
you are grinding it and straining it...

songbird

You want sunshine? We got sunshine. Out of the next 15 days 4 will dip
into the 80s. It was 96F on Thurs. Fri. was 100F, and today 99F is
predicted. Not only that, but it is forecast to go on like this
throughout July. It is definitely a good year for warm weather crops
here.

Five or 6 of the 17 tomatoes have green fruit the size of a marble. The
first to flower were in pots.

Looks like an interesting year, if the water holds up.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.