Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Progress

In article ,
songbird wrote:

Billy wrote:
You want sunshine? We got sunshine. Out of the next 15 days 4 will dip
into the 80s. It was 96F on Thurs. Fri. was 100F, and today 99F is
predicted. Not only that, but it is forecast to go on like this
throughout July. It is definitely a good year for warm weather crops
here.

Five or 6 of the 17 tomatoes have green fruit the size of a marble. The
first to flower were in pots.

Looks like an interesting year, if the water holds up.

hope it does! (we've had about 4" of rain the past
three days)

with those kinds of temperatures i also hope the
pollination of the tomatoes and peppers will come
through.

just be glad you don't live in Death Valley...
owies...

songbird

Death Valley was only 25F warmer than we were yesterday. I'd definitely
need to keep my hat on though. Funny how hot a straw hat can get. Last
Monday, and Tuesday we had a good rain, and now the frying pan. This is
shaping up to be the warmest of my 40 years here. The next 3 weeks are
forecasted to have 18 days over 90F, and 4 over 100F. Blessedly, the
lows will be in the 50Fs.

I'll make sure to go out every day, and pat my Solanaceae on there
little heads, so they can get done, what they gotta do. The heat makes
me a little nervous, but most of California's tomatoes are grow in the
Central Valley, and the Central Valley gets HOT!!!

Think I'll go play in the water now.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/