Old 02-07-2013, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Dwarf apple tree

dunli wrote:
As I have limited space, I decided to buy 2 dwarf apple trees and are
presently in containers. The variety of both trees is 'Jonagold', which
were bought and planted on the same day only a couple of feet apart. As
I said, one is growing healthily and the other has curled up leaves.
This is what leads me to think one is diseased, or am I on the wrong
track?

not every plant is the same, also the soil
could be a different structure between
containers.

i'd talk to the place where you purchased the
trees as they might give you another to try.

without being there to examine the plant, roots,
soil when it was tranplanted we can't give
definite answers.

that one plant gets established more quickly
than another is not unusual.

if you do give another plant a try, make sure
the soil in the container doesn't have clumps in
it and that the drainage holes are not blocked.

songbird