Old 04-07-2013, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default in the beginning, fruit trees

Farm1 wrote:
songbird wrote:

the questions a from seeds, time to
actual production for: apples,

At a guess, I'd say we've had ours grown from seed produce fruit between 4-6
years old.

peaches,

2-3 years, but these have all been the sort of floosey flowering peaches
that put on a stunnign floral display in Spring. The side benefit of these
peaches (which are supposeldy not for eating) has been that the ghastly
green looking small peaches they produce are very edible and with a superbly
flavoured white flesh.

thanks! nice to have a good surprise like that.
the fun part of this project will be to see what happens
from various sources. i'm hoping my peach connection
turns out well this year and we get a few buckets of
peaches to harvest and process. they also said they'll
likely have pears... August is gonna be crazy if all
the tomatoes come in and we get this fruit besides...

songbird