Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Crazy

On 03/07/2013 22:54, David Hill wrote:
I took a stumble through the "Orchard today, found 1 very small apple,
and 1 plum tree that is in flower. (Stumble? Well it's full of long
grass and ant hills)
In the "Vineyard" all the flower trusses look to be about 2 weeks from
opening, loads of flower bud but unless we have a very warm October, Nov
and Dec I doubt I will see a grape.
Weigela 'Bristol Ruby is now flowering well.
What I want to know is
Is there any way of moving the calendar back about 8 weeks?

I don't know. My H petiolaris is finally in flower and over three weeks
later than its usual flowering date. I don't have any flowers at all on
courgettes or beans (there are some buds waiting for warm weather).
Peaony roses are in full bloom as is wild rose.

Fruit set on the trees doesn't look too bad (last year was awful) but it
will need to warm up a bit if they are to swell and ripen!

Weather forecast is for a heatwave this weekend but it is grey and
miserable here at the moment. Wasn't bad for an hour last night though.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown