Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Reminds me of school when our highly autocratic headmistress decreed
the five-day school week was just too short, and instigated the six day
timetable. Days no longer had names, just numbers. Monday was Day 1,
Tuesday was day 2, etc. Until the following week when Monday was Day 6,
Tuesday was Day 1.
Chaos reigned (and a new excuse for late homework).
I remember that! It wasn't my school, it was the school of a friend, or one of my children, or something, I'd forgotten all about it.

Portuguese confuses me - they have Saturday and Sunday, but all the other days are just called 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. I have to count them off on my fingers.