Old 05-07-2013, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ragnar Ragnar is offline

Default Crazy

"kay" wrote in message

Janet;986877 Wrote:

Reminds me of school when our highly autocratic headmistress decreed

the five-day school week was just too short, and instigated the six day

timetable. Days no longer had names, just numbers. Monday was Day 1,
Tuesday was day 2, etc. Until the following week when Monday was Day 6,

Tuesday was Day 1.
Chaos reigned (and a new excuse for late homework).

I remember that! It wasn't my school, it was the school of a friend, or
one of my children, or something, I'd forgotten all about it.

Portuguese confuses me - they have Saturday and Sunday, but all the
other days are just called 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. I have to count
them off on my fingers.

Something similar happens in Arabic: The days are called 'First' to
'Seventh', missing out Friday (sixth) which is called something like 'day of
gathering'.
R.