Old 25-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Bart Thomas

Default [IBC] Local Bonsai nurseries

----- Original Message -----
From: "asmith7"

Hi, I live in North Carolina on the coast in Morehead City. I was

wondering if anyone knows of any nearby bonsai nurseries or clubs. I have
checked the phone book but cannot find anything involving bonsai
specifically. The local nurseries carry some good bonsai material, but no
one around here (that I can find) specializes in it. Does anyone know where
I could go, besides the internet, to get all my bonsai supplies? Thanks a
lot!

There are probably some not far from you. A list, unfortunately, NOT by
state, can be found at:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/links/linksupp.html

I don't know where Cherryville is (I've been to Morehead City), but there's
a place called the Growing Grounds (Marc Torpa - (704) 445-3009) that showed
at the recent MidAtlantic convention,

If you feel like an excursion, There's Ron Martin's Tokoname Bonsai in
Summerville, South Carolina (I'm sending him a copy so that you'll have his
eMail address.)

He would be a good person to point you toward other sources (and events)
nearer to you.

A Google search on "Bonsai North Carolina NC" turned up the following:

Silver Bonsai Gallery
905 US 64/264, Manteo (252) 475 1413

You might also try the Bonsai Clubs of the Carolinas at:

http://www.bonsaicarolina.com/Resources.htm

Regards,

Bart

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++