Old 06-07-2013, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Vinegar as weed killer?

On 06/07/2013 11:50, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 10:30:39 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Interesting article on the possibilities. NB It doesn't reach the
roots.
http://www.garden-counselor-lawn-car...ed-killer.html

Dutch local authorities are planning to use steam to kill weeds on
roads and pavements when glyphosate is banned in 2017. Glyphosate will
be banned because "it is bad for the environment". Critics point out
that boiling large quantities of water is also bad for the
environment.

Oh, well, we'll almost certainly have voted against continued membership
of the EU by then, so the ban won't affect us. ;-)

But, just in case, maybe I should put aside a small stock of glyphosate
concentrate. A few hundred litres should suffice...

--

Jeff