Old 25-04-2003, 08:44 PM

Default [IBC] root thread graft

In a message dated 4/25/03 11:54:36 AM, writes:
I recall an article from Bonsai Today where they did a root thread graft. * A
hole was drilled through the root of a trident maple. * Another trident was
threaded through. * Then when the graft was complete the upper portion of
the
threaded trident was cut off. * So it is possible to improve nebari by
thread
grafting.

The problem I have is with the definition. I know root grafting is done all
the time. However, my understanding is that a thread graft is a graft in
which part of the tree is threaded through another part while it is still
attached at the base. Would you call it a thread graft if you graft on
another tree?
Iris

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --