Old 08-07-2013, 01:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Tomatoes with curling leaves

I noticed yesterday that some of my tomato plants have something unusual
going on . The lower leaves on a couple of my plants have turned a darker
green and started curling up toward the top side . They feel strange to the
touch too , kinda "leathery" for lack of a better word .
Anybody got any ideas what I might have going on here ? Plants are in
"virgin" soil , used to be oak forest . Ground was broken for the first time
this spring , plants were put in holes with a 50/50 mix of dirt and
manure/compost , a tbsp of epsom salts in the bottom of each hole . 3 weeks
after planting about 3 wks ago now I applied a light feeding of 13/13/13 .
THis problem has just shown up in the last few days and I'd like to nip it
asap . They've all but one got tomatoes on them .
--
Snag