Old 09-07-2013, 06:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_2_] Gus[_2_] is offline

Default tomato in driveway

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Monday, July 8, 2013 9:20:50 PM UTC-7, Gus wrote:
I was taking out the garbage and there was a tomato in the driveway.
Decent

size, but green. I was up 5-0 but apparently no shutout this year. I
may

have to go Doc Ellis on the squirrels.

It rained here for about 3 days straight so I did not put vinegar on the

rags. I should have this morn. But I dilly dallied, and that is my

fault.... The squirrels have made their move, now it is time for counter

measures. "No half measures" as Walt says.

That has to be the greatest first line in modern poetry! Heck, poetry
period. T.S. Eliot, step back!

The whole poem is fabulous. Love that line about vinegar, rags & rain.
More!

HB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwcP3NOCeiE