Old 09-07-2013, 01:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Tomatoes with curling leaves

Found my answer at Texas A&M's extension website ! Thanks , I seldom use
long search strings because the results are often weird but this time I
found exactly what the problem is . Conditions fit too , it was pretty wet
for a while and now we've gotten into 95 degree days with intense sun all
day .
15. Q. What causes tomato leaves to curl?

A. The exact cause of tomato leaf roll is not fully known. Tomato leaf roll
appears about the time of fruit setting. The leaflets of the older leaves on
the lower half of the tomato plant roll upward. This gives the leaflets a
cupped appearance with sometimes even the margins touching or overlapping.
The overall growth of the plant does not seem to be greatly affected and
yields are normal. This condition appears to be most common on staked and
pruned plants. It occurs when excessive rainfall or overwatering keeps the
soil too wet for too long. It is also related to intensive sunlight which
causes carbohydrates to accumulate in the leaves. Some varieties of tomatoes
are characteristically curled

--
Snag

"songbird" wrote in message
Terry Coombs wrote:

Terry, i used the following search in google and
found several results:

"tomato plant darker green leaves curling"

give that a try...

songbird