Old 09-07-2013, 06:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_2_] Gus[_2_] is offline

Default tomato in driveway

"Frank" wrote in message
On 7/9/2013 9:33 AM, Gus wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

Google up the videos of squirrels catapulted from a trap. Here's one
but I've seen better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QVHzxwNmUc

Some people think they are cruel but I've seen squirrels fall from the
tops of tall trees without harm. Tough little *******s.

A couple got in my roof last year. Had to pay about $300 to get them
professionally removed and the roof repaired. One them died in the
trap. Literally looked frozen, though it was not cold and in the 50s.
The guy said sometimes that happens. They have a heart attack or
something and die frozen in place. Was kinda freaky. It was in the
trap for about a day and half on the edge of the roof like that, till
the guy came and got it.

In retrospect, maybe I should have had it stuffed and put it on the back
deck. As a kind of "scare-squirrel" As a way to let the squirrels
know: if you don't leave my tomatoes alone, you're next.

Happened to one of my sons a couple of years ago. Squirrel died in liner
between fireplace chimney and wall. He had to hire a contractor to expose
chimney and repair exposure and a fire place guy to fix the chimney. Cost
him well over $1,000 not including smell in the house along with maggots.

Luckily, I got mine out before that or they started a family. My BIL had
one in his attic and he found the entrance and closed it up. The next day,
when the squirrel could not get back in-- it let out a blood curdling
scream. And then for days after, he would often see the squirrel sitting on
the roof staring at him-- with daggers in it's eyes.