Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Can anyone put a name to this plant, please.

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 18:54:54 +0100, "Nick"
wrote:

Growing at a neighbours property. About 2m tall with small red
flowers/florets.
She is a little concerned as to what it may be and I am not blessed with
green fingers.
Have posted a couple of (poor) pics he
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xqk9mxbpfne6ojj/v9PihDphfm

Haven't tried this before and don't know how/if it will work.

Thank you,

Nick.

Possibly Verbena bonariensis. It looks similar, but I'm not wholly
convinced it is. We have it in our garden and it does seed itself
everywhere. But an expert will be along shortly who really knows!

The leaves are very like it but not the flowers.. maybe some other
ind of verbena?

Janet