Old 10-07-2013, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Nick is offline

Default Can anyone put a name to this plant, please.

"Nick" wrote in message
Growing at a neighbours property. About 2m tall with small red
flowers/florets.
She is a little concerned as to what it may be and I am not blessed with
green fingers.
Have posted a couple of (poor) pics he
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xqk9mxbpfne6ojj/v9PihDphfm

Thanks to all for your knowledge, advice and wisdom.
I know it is bad form to reply to ones own post. Couldn't think of a better
way but probably better than creating a new post.
I've taken a few more pics today of flowers and foliage. Hopefully with
better focus.
Not only am I unblessed with green fingers, I am no David Bailey. Also a bit
tricky when the plant is waving around in the breeze. The plant is situated
in a sheltered easterly facing, dry, location.
Haven't measured it but reckon it's about 7ft.
Previous link should work, otherwise:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xqk9mxbpfne6ojj/v9PihDphfm

Thank you,
Nick.