Old 14-07-2013, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Thomas Cole Stephen Thomas Cole is offline

Default Miniaturized nut tree - dried out but not dead... Help!

In article , Chris Hogg
wrote:

I presume we're talking about the one in the pot. Don't leave it in
the water; take it out and let it drain, or the roots will rot.

Balls... OK, just taken it out. It's been in there for a week or more...
Should dry out quickly in the heat we've got here (Kent) today.

Just
keep it outside in a shady spot out of direct sun, keep an eye on it
from now on to see it doesn't get dry but don't over-water it (once a
week should be enough), and keep your fingers crossed.

Will do.

I don't know anything about bonsai, but that pot sounds a bit deep. A
shallow dish is what's usually used IIRC.

I wasn't doing a proper bonsai job, I don't know anything about it either.
Just going on the general principle that keeping it in a pot will stunt
its growth. And that's certainly worked so far, I just hope I can bring it
back to health. If I can, I may well move it to a smaller pot. Is there an
optimum time of the year to do that? I'm guessing next spring, but, as I
said, I'm no gardener...

--
Stephen Thomas Cole