Old 15-07-2013, 06:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Thomas Cole Stephen Thomas Cole is offline

Default Miniaturized nut tree - dried out but not dead... Help!

In article , Chris Hogg
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:41:57 +0100, lid
(Stephen Thomas Cole) wrote:

If I can, I may well move it to a smaller pot. Is there an
optimum time of the year to do that? I'm guessing next spring, but, as I
said, I'm no gardener...

As it's a hazel (cobs are a selected variety of hazel), it's deciduous
and will go dormant over the winter if left outside, after it's
dropped its leaves.
See
http://www.british-trees.com/treegui...nsys0000003839
You should be able to re-pot it any time after that, before it comes
back to life again in the spring.

Excellent, thanks very much for that Chris. Do you have any advice about
what I might do in the meantime to nurse her back to health?

--
Stephen Thomas Cole