Old 17-07-2013, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Recommend a new mower, please

Hugh Newbury wrote:

On 17/07/13 15:11, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 17/07/2013 14:45, Hugh Newbury wrote:
I need a new walk-behind mower for my patch. What would the team
suggest? It doesn't need to be anything fancy, but I'd insist on good
engineering. Apart from that, nothing really. Don't need a cylinder (?)
mower, prefer a rotary one.

All ideas welcome.

What is the size of the patch? Is it level or sloped? Is it uneven or
smooth?

3 separate bits, all level and smooth. Total perhaps 5 x 10 metres.

The Bosch Rotak 40, is currently a Which Best Buy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Ergoflex-Electric-Lawnmower-Cutting/dp/B004GTMNXI/ref=sr_1_5?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1336373894&sr=1-5

Or the larger Rotak 43
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Ergoflex-Electric-Rotary-Lawnmower/dp/B004JMY4SO/ref=sr_1_4?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1336373894&sr=1-4

There is also a smaller version, the Rotak 34

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004ULX02A/ref=asc_df_B004ULX02A7750086?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&t ag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B004UL X02A

I have one similar to the smallest of these, and have been very
pleased with it.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK