Old 28-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Wendy

Default Advice on fertilizer injectors

Dave, can't help you decide on the "Dos" $$$ type injectors but I have
used an under pressure tank type deal (has a leak & don't have the brand
name?)
I use the $11 brass syphon type for the garden. (The fert delivery changes
depending on pressure flow)
To me the barrel & sump pump is the most reliable:-
1.... What you pump is what your plants get.
2.....The barrel is in my g/h so the water is warmer.
3......I was told that the chlorine dissipates from the water if stored for
24 hours?
My hubby did the electrical switch for the pump etc. I use a stick to push
the switch on & off! (safety)
I set up ½" pvc for incoming water to the barrel & the ½" black drip type
pipe, from the pump up & out
to the hose connection. Also have a ¼" back flow drip pipe so if I lessen
the flow to a small
plant then there is no strain on the pump. (I have had the same pump since
'95)
The cost was under $100 but this was back then.
Cheers Wendy
"Dave Lockwood" wrote in message
I humbly ask for advice. I just got a new paper catalog from Charley's
Greenhouses. In it they list two fertilizer injectors (if you don't count
the non-adjustable educter). Does anyone use these? One costs about $70
and the other about $350. Is one really 5 times as good as the other?

What
do you use?
Thanks
Dave