Old 19-07-2013, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Watering

On 2013-07-16 18:12:05 +0100, Christina Websell said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Yes, I know I've banged on about 'thank heaven we put the borehole in'
but....a few weeks ago the pump broke down and it took a week to get
another and fit it. During that week, we had to use mains water and
last night Ray told me it cost £500! So it is indeed 'thank heaven for
that borehole'!! I believe our water board is one of the most
expensive in the country but even so! Think of how much we must all
cost ourselves if we waste any - taps left running during teeth
brushing, letting it run down the sink while waiting for it to heat are
just two that come to mind.
--

I guess you have a water meter then?
Although I could choose to have one and it might indeed save me a bit

Yes, we have a water meter for the Nursery and had to have one as it's
a commercial use, which is fair enough. If we hitch up to the mains
for the nursery, the result is what we saw a few weeks ago. You can
only imagine what it would be costing now if we had to use mains water
right through all this weather! I thought we had a meter to the house
but Ray tells me that we don't, so confusion all round!

Sounds like a hose from house to Nursery is what's needed :-)

Mike

If only it were that simple! It couldn't do 3 or 4 at once!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com