Old 20-07-2013, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Thank goodness

On 20/07/2013 09:54, Sacha wrote:
it's slightly cooler to start the day! I'm certainly not complaining
about the sun but the lack of a breeze has been a bit wearing! Today we
have one plus a bright blue sky and we're thankful!

Cooler? not so here in South Wales, well yes it is 1f lower than the
same time yesterday but less of a breeze than we had yesterday.
We reached 84f for the 2nd day in a row, to hot to plant though I did
get a load of pots filled and then plunged once the sun lowered, but I'm
finding this working till almost 10pm every day a bit much, by the time
I have got food and managed to eat it I'm crawling off to bed around
midnight to 1am.
Getting sick of hearing "I wish I had your job"
But with the recliner out the field together with a good book, a flask
of drink, the radio and a few peaches I am making the most of it.
One thing, I went to get a few bales of peat yesterday and it was lovely
to handle, it was dry and so nice and light.
David @ the tropical Swansea Bay where there will be plenty of room on
the sandy beaches for all who want it.