Old 20-07-2013, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Thank goodness

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 09:54:57 +0100, Sacha wrote:

it's slightly cooler to start the day! I'm certainly not complaining
about the sun but the lack of a breeze has been a bit wearing! Today we
have one plus a bright blue sky and we're thankful!

This morning I thought we might have a nice cool, breezy day but the
hopes were dashed by mid morning and I've been splashing on the factor
20 all day. Trees are shedding leaves like it's autumn. Even
established plants are wilting and whist the lawns can brown off, the
sprinklers are doing duty each evening watering the beds and borders
in rotation.

I noticed that the forecast says we're getting a thunderstorm (or lots
of rain at least) on Monday. It'll be welcome if it comes but then we
were supposed to have a short spell of rain last Thursday. If we did,
it was so short as to be un-noticeable.

I suppose the main gripe is the rising humidity which makes nights
particularly uncomfortable. A nice bit of thunder will deal with that.
And a bit of rain will interrupt the interminable smell of burning
burgers and stuff on the barbies!

--
Cheers, Jake