Old 25-04-2003, 10:44 PM
DavesVideo

Default Butterfly Bush

"AnnaTle" wrote:
Thought some of you might be able to help with this. A friend of ours has

Butterfly Bush. She thinks its dying. The leaves are curled up and the
flowers look wilted.

Even in TN it sounds very early for flowers. Here in West Va, I don't expect to
see them till late June. They are hard to kill, but I may have the same
problem. The 2 biggest ones (+7' tall) so far have no new shoots this year. The
dozen or so others are doing fine. I'm wondering if I may have let them get too
big although I have seen bigger healthy ones. I also would be interested in an
answer. I have pruned them back, but I am thinking maybe I should cut them
almost to the ground and hope that some new shoots come up. Anyone know?

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave