Old 25-04-2003, 06:32 PM
AnnaTle

Default Butterfly Bush

Thought some of you might be able to help with this. A friend of ours has a
Butterfly Bush. She thinks its dying. The leaves are curled up and the
flowers look wilted. Any idea what this might be and what she can do for it?
I've not seen it she was just describing it. We are in TN if that helps.

Old 25-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Marley1372

Does she water it?

Toad
Old 25-04-2003, 09:08 PM
BiG Orange

"AnnaTle" wrote in message
Thought some of you might be able to help with this. A friend of ours has

Butterfly Bush. She thinks its dying. The leaves are curled up and the
flowers look wilted. Any idea what this might be and what she can do for

it?
I've not seen it she was just describing it. We are in TN if that helps.

Pretty hard to kill one of these from my experience, they grow like weeds.

Old 25-04-2003, 10:44 PM
DavesVideo

"AnnaTle" wrote:
Thought some of you might be able to help with this. A friend of ours has

Butterfly Bush. She thinks its dying. The leaves are curled up and the
flowers look wilted.

Even in TN it sounds very early for flowers. Here in West Va, I don't expect to
see them till late June. They are hard to kill, but I may have the same
problem. The 2 biggest ones (+7' tall) so far have no new shoots this year. The
dozen or so others are doing fine. I'm wondering if I may have let them get too
big although I have seen bigger healthy ones. I also would be interested in an
answer. I have pruned them back, but I am thinking maybe I should cut them
almost to the ground and hope that some new shoots come up. Anyone know?

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave
Old 26-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Bill Spohn

Buddleia does well when cut
back to about ten inches (or even less) in spring. There will be new growth
from the roots and flowers will bloom on new wood.

That's what I always do, but I've also seen interesting plants trained as
single stem trees.