Old 22-07-2013, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_2_] Gus[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato foliage withering

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
I put in several different varieties of tomato this year. Got a late start
so did not grow from seed; bought plants.

They started out like gangbusters; bore plenty of fruit. But foliage
began to look crappy and twisted (no critters; I checked), and plants have
now been almost denuded.

They have had food, water, and plenty of sunshine. So why?...

This is So Calif coastal.

TIA

HB

Mine look the same this year. I think it has been the weather here, as
Billy said they like heat. Are they not native to Mexico? My niece's and
father's plants here look the same strangly not very lush... Hopefully they
will rebound for the second half of the season.

My cucumber plants have been growing like zucchini though. Got two last
week, and they were over a foot long! And were not seedy inside; they were
still filling out but I thought I better pick them.