Old 23-07-2013, 02:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_2_] Gus[_2_] is offline

Default Tomato foliage withering

"Billy" wrote in message

If too hot, you may try giving them some partial shade, and a spritzing
or 2 during the heat of the day. That may come back to bite you as
mildew later, though.

Actually, here there have a been a couple weeks it was not hot. Cool and in
the 70s/60s and lots of rain. The last couple years, the tomato plants grew
great but there was not the cool periods and huge rains so much.

My cucumber plants have been growing like zucchini though. Got two last
week, and they were over a foot long! And were not seedy inside; they
were
still filling out but I thought I better pick them.

They get bitter, if too large.

I was afraid of that, but actually it was okay. And not seedy. Strange. I
had a zucchini plant in same spot that went crazy and grew huge zucchini.