Old 23-07-2013, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Know your Bonfire

."Broadback" wrote in message ...

A near neighbour to me is a roofer. From time to time he has a bonfire
which issues heavy black smoke, so I assume he is burning old roofing
materials. I spoke to the council, they said keep a diary then take him to
court, produce the diary as evidence. I stupidly thought the council would
deal with this as it will surely come under pollution.

More a responsibility of The Environment Agency as polution is involved, not
the council I would have thought.

Pete (now operating a no bonfires policy at Nanneys Bridge Nursery !! )