Old 28-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Susan H. Imko

Default Tree Rose help Pls.

Debra Fritz wrote:
Hi to All,

My friend has 2 or 3 tree roses and they are about 3-4' tall. When
they bloom, the tops become so heavy they pull the plants over and
threaten to snap the main stem ( cane?)

Does anyone know of a decorative support device that may be
commercially available to stop this problem? We have checked with
several nurseries and they have nothing available except the
suggestion to use a piece of pipe ( metal or PVC). She is hoping to
find something more decorative than that.

Would the round decorative trellises they make to go around a mailbox
post work? I believe Gardener's Supply (being the one company I tend to
be most familiar with) has them...

Susan - no I don't own stock in Gardener's Supply though I should...
s h simko at duke dot edu