Old 25-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Jim W

Default Wheelbarrows?

Gary Woods wrote:

I'd like to get another but I want something decent not the sort of crap you
usually find in garden centres or diy shops.

Does somebody sell those big-box plywood on bicycle wheels (the
old-fashioned fat "American" ones) in the U.K. ? Not as narrow a track of
course, but they carry heavy loads and large volumes with ease. Mine was a
piece of junk; only lasted 30 years and a couple of plywood replacements
before I had to buy another. I've actually seen some substantial looking
ones of the "traditional" style with heavy-duty plastic bins that ought to
outlast metal. I'm gradually getting over my disdain for plastic.

Not sure what you mean about the 'bicyle wheels' but lbs-group.co.uk do
a range of Horticultural trucks.
Most large establishements use variants of that simply for the volume of
material they produce.
//
Jim