Old 27-07-2013, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID please

"Lintama" wrote in message

Lintama;988301 Wrote:
Got some seeds from holiday in Madeira. Picked up a few along my travels
from the ground, etc. The photos attached are of a climber. Can anybody
identify it please? Previous posting some weeks ago of younger plant
had no responses.

OK I have attached a photo of another view of the plant. Would love some
ideas. It has taken off this past week. Must have grown about a foot. It
is sending out tendrils but no sign of a flower.

Anybody got any ideas what the other seedlings are too? The longest
leaf is only about 5 inches long and a couple of the seedlings have a
second leaf. Longest leaf is about 4 inches long at present. The seeds
were about the size of a 'petit poi' pea and were reddish brown and
shiny. These seeds also came from Madeira.

|Filename: DSCF0532.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15745|
|Filename: DSCF0528.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15744|

I think the one with the compound leaves is Cardiospermum grandiflorum which
you see covering vacant uncultivated areas has papery seed capsules and not
very exciting flowers despite the name!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs