Old 29-07-2013, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Unknown herb

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
Can anyone identify this herb?

http://feed1.tinypic.com/rss.php?ua=8dn56Tbfe2FeWSpOc%2F5bZQ%3D%3D

I hope it is for memory.

I haven't been taking any so I have forgotten what it is .....

Comfrey? It has crinkly leaves and pink/lavender flowers.

David

I am a silly bunt. I have half a dozen comfrey, and this is the only one
that is in flower. Thank you.

What do you use your comfrey for Billy? I know it's leaves are supposed to
be a compost accelerant and also that the roots can be used as a healing
compress, but all I ever seem to do with mine is to use the leaves as mulch.

I haven't used it, but it is for wounds, and I hope I won't need it, as
is the yarrow, which I haven't used either. What I have used is prunella
(very impressive for dropping blood pressure), dandelion to lower B.P.,
and put in salads, blueberry leaves for dropping blood sugar, and
hawthorn leaves for my ticky ticker. Some like echinacea, bergamot, and
borage I mostly grow for their flowers.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg