Old 29-07-2013, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Polygonum

On 29/07/2013 22:13, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
On 29/07/2013 20:05, David Hill wrote:
Looking for a name for a polygonum I have I came across this one
http://plantdelights.com/Catalog/Cur...ail/05427.html

I thought that it looked suspiciously similar to Japanese Knotweed
(Fallopia japonica). It turns out that Polygonum cuspidatum is a synonym
of Fallopia japonica.

Red flowers suggests that it's a hybrid, rather than pure Japanese
Knotweed. (And the seed parent may also be a hybrid - between Japanese
and Giant Knotweeds.)

Meaning that a monster like Japanese Knotweed could come from seed, as
well as thuggish roots. Shiver.

Defiantly an "I want one"
David @ a sunny side of Swansea Bay
What was I looking for?