Old 25-04-2003, 11:56 PM
M. L. Barnett

Default [IBC] Local Bonsai nurseries

-----Original Message-----
From: Internet Bonsai Club ]On Behalf
Of asmith7
Subject: [IBC] Local Bonsai nurseries

Hi, I live in North Carolina on the coast in Morehead City. I was wondering
if anyone knows of any nearby bonsai nurseries or clubs. I have checked the
phone book but cannot find anything involving bonsai specifically. The
local nurseries carry some good bonsai material, but no one around here
(that I can find) specializes in it. Does anyone know where I could go,
besides the internet, to get all my bonsai supplies? Thanks a lot!

--------------------------

Greetings from Raleigh, NC! I know there was a bonsai club in Morehead
City, but I don't know if they are still functioning. There is a new bonsai
club (Cape Fear Bonsai Society) in Wilmington NC that started up last year
or the year before. There website address is:

http://members.aol.com/barkerfred/bonsai.htm

They may be able to help you with info on local bonsai nurseries. There is
also the club here in Raleigh, Triangle Bonsai Society:
http://www.intrex.net/trianglebonsai/. We are having a meeting this Sunday
afternoon at 1:30 in Raleigh. Ted Matson is the guest speaker. He will be
giving a lecture/demo on maximizing the use of deadwood on juniper bonsai.
If you can make it to the meeting, you are more than welcome to attend.

Steve Pilacik has a nice bonsai nursery in Fuquay-Varina NC, just south
of Raleigh. His website is: http://www.matsumomiji.com/.

There is Ron Martin's bonsai nursery in Summerville SC:
http://www.tokonoma.com/.

Someone mentioned The Growing Grounds in Cherryville NC (somewhere
between Charlotte and Asheville). Their website is:
http://www.thegrowinggrounds.com/.

And in Charlotte NC is The Bonsai Learning Center:
http://www.bonsailearningcenter.com/.

Also mentioned was The Silver Bonsai Gallery in Manteo NC:
http://www.silverbonsai.com/bonsai.html.

Hope this helps!

Merritt Barnett
Secretary, Triangle Bonsai Society