Old 31-07-2013, 10:27 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
thomaspoul thomaspoul is offline
Registered User

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
Hello

Last year I planted some rambling roses that I'm training to grow up a trellis and over the front of my house. They've taken really well, but are throwing out a lot of vertical shoots that are leaning off the trellis and sticking out of the front of the house by quite a way. I don't want to tie them in, as there's already a lot of growth and I don't want the 'branches' to rub against each other.

Is there any harm in cutting these back at this time of year? If they're already a little enthusiastic I dread to think what they'll be like by the end of the summer!

Any advice appreciated.

Can you please post the pic.