Old 28-02-2003, 03:39 PM
KenCo

Default Coconut fiber

Lee Brouillet wrote:

Wouldn't the moss have an affect on the pH? I

I doubt it.
this isnt "peat moss", long fibre sphagum
moss is/was a plant.

keep mine well-buffered, but
don't want to upset the apple cart, so to speak! I'm really afraid to try
pea gravel, as I've seen what my pond hellions do to it (and even the
larger, egg-sized stuff!) I was going to use flat rock over the top of the
kitty litter or fiber - something they can't pick up and move! I can use the
gravel in the watergardens in the back yard, but I need something my fish
won't destroy in fits of boredom!

Lee

"KenCo" wrote in message
Lee Brouillet wrote:

try "long fibre sphagum moss" w/ some pea stone
on top, it works great.

plant in middle, light layer of pea stone on top
then soak 5+ mins in a bucket of water to keep
the moss down.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.