Old 26-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Anita Hawkins

Default [IBC] Local Bonsai nurseries

asmith7 wrote:

Hi, I live in North Carolina on the coast in Morehead City. I was
wondering if anyone knows of any nearby bonsai nurseries or
clubs.

Besides Merritt's excellent suggestions, here's an event to plan ahead
for to feed your bonsai habit!

The North Carolina Arboretum in Asheville hosts a Bonsai Expo 2nd
weekend every October, where you'll find multiple vendors, as well as
lectures and demonstrations. Their collection's curator, Arthur Joura,
is a generous, knowledgable, irreverent guy, with a particular
fondness for local material. I plan to drive down this year for my
special birthday trip

Here's a link describing last year's; detailed info on this year's
hasn't made it onto the NCA's website yet.
http://www.ncarboretum.org/PublicPrograms/PR9-20-02.htm

And you can read more about NCA's trees, and see some images at
http://www.bonsai-wbff.org/nabf/news...carboretum.htm

See you there, a!
Anita (another a)
Northern Harford County, Maryland, USDA zone 6
"I like winter trees against the sky, I said.
What does that say about you, she said, that you like
undressed trees. A voyeur."
-from a poem by Kay Cheever

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++