Old 04-08-2013, 11:31 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Conlan[_2_] View Post
Finally got around to attacking the greenhouse that had turned into
a bit of a jungle. Turns out not only have we got cucamelons (which
were a bit obvious, but there are /lots/ of them), and an awful lot
more peppers than I thought (still all green), but there are 4 really
impressive aubergines under all that greenery (2 nearly normal size,
2 minis, possibly a couple more that are waiting to grow).

Greenhouse Jungle - a set on Flickr

--
That looks even more of a jungle than mine!

After 6 wet cool summers, I'd finally accepted it wasn't worth even trying to grow aubergines, so I chucked the last of the seed packet into a pot - and now I have 4 tall healthy plants with flowers and embryo fruit. So what do I do next year?