Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Victoria Conlan[_2_] Victoria Conlan[_2_] is offline

Default Greenhouse Jungle

kay wrote:
That looks even more of a jungle than mine!

You should have seen it before I tied things up! :-)
I put cape gooseberries and tomatillo and inca berries in the side of
the tomato pots, and the difference between growing them in pots to
this way is astounding. I hadn't realised just how much difference
it would make. They've gone totally mad.

On the other hand, my experiment to grow cauliflowers under the tomatoes
seems to have totally failed, the've all died off. :-(

After 6 wet cool summers, I'd finally accepted it wasn't worth even
trying to grow aubergines, so I chucked the last of the seed packet into
a pot - and now I have 4 tall healthy plants with flowers and embryo
fruit. So what do I do next year?

I'm terrible for not giving up on plants. I keep on giving them a
chance even when it's obvious they're not going to get anywhere.

My aubergines and peppers always have to be bought. I grow from seed
every year, and they never fruit. Same for melons. Except my melons
died totally this year, even from plants.