Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Greenhouse Jungle

David Hill wrote in
:

On 04/08/2013 13:23, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 04/08/2013 11:04, Baz wrote:
Victoria Conlan wrote in news:b65ftnFh922U1
@mid.individual.net:

Finally got around to attacking the greenhouse that had turned
into a bit of a jungle. Turns out not only have we got

(which
were a bit obvious, but there are /lots/ of them), and an awful
lot more peppers than I thought (still all green), but there are 4
really impressive aubergines under all that greenery (2 nearly
normal size, 2 minis, possibly a couple more that are waiting to
grow).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4749388...7634914241719/

IMAG0210, is it a kiwi fruit? It looks like mine, but I have no
fruit yet

Baz

Come on Baz,
The OP said they were cucamelons
See
http://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/V...s+Wong+Homegro
wn +Revolution+Seeds/Cucamelon+Plants_239190.htm

Yes, I know. I was wondering if the OP is wrong. The foliage looks
exactly like my kiwi plant.

Baz

I braved the rain to get a couple of leaves, one of Cucamelon and the
other off my Kiwi
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...3%20flowers/le
aves01_zps461c94e1.jpg This is just the cuc. it is a lot smaller and
very papery when compared to Kiwi which is thick, tough and almost
leathery.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...3%20flowers/le
aves02_zps0ca788eb.jpg

Thanks for that, David.
Looks like I have bought a duff kiwi and got a Cucamelon instead.
This is then, my Cucamelons second year?

Baz