Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Pelargonium abrotanifolium

On 2013-08-06 10:22:29 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

For some months now this weird plant has been growing in my greenhouse
a cross between a brassica going to seed and a pelargonium.
It has thickish strong stalks with great big bulbous bits at the
joints. It is now flowering in tiny little yellow flowers and still
looks like broccoli gone to seed only with paler fatter leaves.

I have searched everywhere to ID it but saw it last week in my friend's
garden, actually hardy though growing up against a wall and very
sheltered
Not struck, in my opinion only a mother could love it, but seeing as
how some people seem to like that awful dahlia that I got by mistake I
am now carting this plant around to fob it off onto someone

NO idea where I got it but my friend claims she got hers from Sacha

Brother has taken some really good close up pictures (mainly because he
wanted to justify spending an inordinate amount of money on a new
camera and tripod which he uses mainly in athletics to win prize of the
month !) However I am still not good at posting pictures online.

Has it got any redeeming features I should know about?

Oxalis succulenta?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com