Old 26-04-2003, 01:44 AM
RichToyBox

Default How odd is my design?

Kelly,

You can do the fencing off, but most of us end up wanting more pond. We
start small, build a new pond the next year, build another a couple of years
down the road, and if we could, we would have a pond big enough that there
would be no grass to mow. The veggie filter gives us the ability to have
the plants to help with the filtration, and still give the maximum size pond
that we can get without digging another hole.
--
RichToyBox

"Kelly E Jones" wrote in message

BenignVanilla wrote:
It occurred to me today...I am going to be pumping water from my filter

my reservoir pond, and the pond will then gravity feed the filter. How

bass
ackwards is this? Does anyone else have a pump in their VF?

My question is (from a newbie perspective) is: Why do people use a
separate VF at all? Why not just partition off a portion of the pond
for veggies, and plant them there? I don't quite understand the
reason for having a separate box/bucket/pond/whatever for the VF...
Any clues for me?

Kelly